The beautician is here one day a week, for both male and female clients. Simply write your name and room number in her appointment book which is located in the beauty shop, or simply let a staff member know, and they will notify the beautician.
Our chapel is located on the 2nd floor and may be used by residents at any time for their own personal devotion or prayer.
Blood pressure and weights are taken monthly by a staff member. If you would like to have your blood pressure or weight taken at any time, please ask a staff member and they will be happy to check for you.
The activity room and/or private dining room is available for our residents to use and can be reserved at no charge for a special occasion. The activity room has a full kitchen you can use. Just let a staff member know the date and time you need the room.
● We offer fully furnished apartments (based on availability) for short term stays. Respite
stays are important for those much-needed breaks for resident caregivers. Whether a
planned vacation is needed or an unforeseen emergency, Colonnades is here to meet
● We offer all our services under respite at a prorated fee
○ Basic Care
○ Tier I
○ Tier II
● Apartments are rented on a day to day basis for a maximum of 90 days and include all
basic amenities and assistance. Additional assistance is available for a fee.
Each resident wears a pendent that is (similar to a Lifeline) to summon assistance if needed. Our companions wear a pager which states the name, room number, and the time a resident pages. We strongly encourage residents to wear their pendant or carry it with them at all times, because you never know when you might need help.
Alarm buttons are located on the wall in the public restrooms, activity room, whirlpool room, and exercise room in case assistance is needed.
All entry doors are alarmed and will send a signal to the companions’ pager when opened. Door alarms are a safety precaution to detect an intrusion into the facility, and not to prevent residents from leaving. Residents are free to come and go as they please.
Cable television and internet are provided. Your newspapers can be delivered to The Colonnades. Every resident has their own personal mailbox. There is also a box for outgoing mail. You choose your own phone service.
Staff is on the premises 24 hours a day, with at least two companions per shift. All our companions are CPR and First Aid certified, with a licensed nurse on staff Monday through Friday. All our residents are given a pendant to contact a staff member 24 hours a day if assistance is needed.
All meals are provided on site.
Breakfast is served daily from 6:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. daily. Our continental breakfast includes: dry cereals, oatmeal, cream of wheat, fresh fruit, toast, Danishes, coffee, tea, and juices. On Sundays and Wednesdays, it’s eggs to order, pancakes or French toast, bacon, sausage, and hash browns are also served.
Lunch and Dinner
Residents receive weekly menus with a choice of soup and sandwich or an entrée for lunch. Alternatives are available for dinner if the main course is not to your liking.
Resident’s guests are always welcome for meals. 24-hour prior notice is needed to process your request; however, we will try to accommodate other requests. Guests’ meals are available at the cost of $5.00 for lunch and $10.00 for dinner. Remember, the private dining room is always there for you to reserve. We are happy to accommodate any special diets you may have.
- Personal clothing and flat linens are laundered weekly.
- Residents are allowed to do their own laundry if they choose, and there is a designated laundry room for their laundry needs.
- Laundry detergent and fabric softener are provided.
- Apartments are cleaned weekly, this includes: light dusting, changing of bed linens, vacuuming, and cleaning of the bathroom.
- Quarterly cleans are a more in-depth version of weekly cleaning and are included in the rent, usually done every 3 months.
The van is available for a doctor, or dentist appointments, shopping, or anywhere you would like to go. Just let us know when and where you will need to go and our driver will be happy to take you. You must be able to be on your own at your destination. A staff member will not be able to stay with you.
- Monthly activity calendars are provided (calendars are usually given out at the end of each month for the upcoming month).
- Crafts, games, cards, movie showings, musical entertainment, and nondenominational bible study are just some of the activities offered during the course of a month.
- Shopping, lunch and dinner outings, color tours in the fall, and a visit to the zoo are just some of the outside activities offered.
- Any entertainment that is brought inside the building is free of charge to the residents.
- Any outside activities the resident is interested in participating in, such as going out to eat, going to the movies, etc. the resident is responsible for providing his or her own money to cover the cost.
- Resident council meetings and food meetings are held every other month. The dates and times are posted on the activity calendar.
- We encourage any family members who have concerns to let a staff member know so we can work on finding a resolution and to become involved in activities.
- Colonnades is a smoke-free facility, and we ask that no smoking be done on the property.
- Podiatry, x-ray, and lab services are available if ordered by your physician. If you have any questions please call us at (989) 684-7060.